5 REASONS WHY IT MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU
Breast implants have been available since the 1970s and they have gone through a dramatic evolution since their introduction. Even though the quality and safety of implants has improved exponentially over time, the longer an implant is in place, there may be an increased risk, or need, for its replacement. These facts are true for both saline and silicone implants. Here are the top 5 reasons why replacing your breast implants might be right for you
1. Failure of the Implant. While this is a relatively rare occurrence, when an implant fails it is typically due to a mechanical breakdown of the implant shell. Failure of the implant can lead to loss of volume due to leaking, or distortion of shape and contour. Removal of a breast implant is necessary under these circumstances (the sooner the better). Implant replacement will restore the contour, shape, and feel of the breast, with a new safer, longer lasting alternative to an outdated model.
2. Hardening of the Breast. The body’s normal reaction is to create a protective shell of tissue around the implant, also known as a capsule. In some cases this tissue can become thickened, causing the breast to feel hard and painful. The removal of the capsule and replacement of the implant can restore softness of the breast and relieve the resulting pain. In many cases insurance will pay for removal of the capsule.
3. Weight Fluctuations. Weight gain or loss can change the original shape and size of the breast. In these cases, the replacing an implant that is too large or too small, to a size that is a more balanced fit to a woman’s current figure, can restore the proportionality between the bust line, the waist and hips for a more flattering look.
4. Loss of Volume and Support. Pregnancy or age may cause dramatic changes in the contour, position, and fullness of the breast, even with an implant in place. Replacing your breast implants can restore volume and lift of the breast, to reestablish a more youthful look and flattering silhouette.
5. Time. Breast implants do not come with an expiration date, and sometimes it is nothing more than the passage of time that gives cause for the need to replace your implants. Lifestyles, trends, and changes in personal preference, are all common and understandable bases for swapping out the old, for something that is more you.
If you’re thinking that it might be time for a change, or even if you’re quite sure whether or not the time has come, it’s not too soon to know your options. Schedule your free plastic surgery consultation with Dr. Madda to learn more about all you need to know about replacing your implants. Contact us today at 847-755-1000.